FOUNDATION FOR WOMEN PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective as of August 2017
FOUNDATION FOR WOMEN’S PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Ms. Foundation for Women (“Ms. Foundation,” “we,” “our,” “us”) respects the privacy of users of our website and other online services, such as our social media sites and applications. This Privacy Statement describes how the Ms. Foundation collects, uses, discloses, and shares the information you provide.
AGREEING TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
By visiting the Ms. Foundation’s website or using our other online services, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement, as may be amended from time to time, and to the transfer of your personal and sensitive information to, and processing and maintenance in, the United States of America. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not use the Ms. Foundation’s website or our related online services.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us. Information that you provide to the Ms. Foundation may include:
- Your name
- Your photograph
- Your contact information
- Your demographic information (such as age, race/ethnicity, gender, location)
- Transaction-related information (such as your credit card)
- Additional personal Information you may provide when submitting an application for employment, volunteering, or an internship
- Additional personal Information you may provide when you contact the Ms. Foundation
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU OR ABOUT YOU
Ms. Foundation may collect your personal information when you provide it through certain sections of our website, including when you:
- Make a donation
- Register to attend an event
- Use our interactive features
- Make a purchase
- Sign an online petition
- Apply for a job, volunteer, or internship with the Ms. Foundation for Women
- Sign up to receive updates or other communications from the Ms. Foundation for Women
- Enter a contest, sweepstakes, or promotion
- Participate in polls or surveys
- Contact us with a question, comment, or request
- Apply for a grant from the Ms. Foundation
Social media sites: The Ms. Foundation may also collect personal information that you make available through your interaction with us on social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Ms. Foundation uses the personal information you provide for the purposes for which you provide it. We may also use it to send you information about the Ms. Foundation activities and news, to help us provide a more personalized and improved experience when you interact with our website, and other ways including:
- To contact you regarding or to complete donations or purchases
- To contact you regarding employment, volunteer, or internship opportunities
- To reply to your requests for information or other assistance
- To inform you of changes to our policies or terms
- To communicate with you about upcoming events, initiatives, or other activities
- To provide news about the Ms. Foundation for Women and our impact on the movement for gender equality and women’s economic justice, reproductive justice, and safety
- To provide you access to the various sections of our website that have been personalized for your needs
Aggregating Information. In addition to personal information you provide through our website and other online services, the Ms. Foundation may collect your personal information offline, through direct mail, telephone, or face-to-face communications to help provide services to you. The Ms. Foundation may aggregate or merge your personal information collected from offline and/or third-party sources, including currently existing information from our records, into a single record.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OR ABOUT YOU
Our website may automatically collect information about your visit on its server logs or through our other online services, including such information as your IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, referring URL, pages viewed, links clicked, and similar information.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION AND WORK WITH THIRD PARTY VENDORS
In order to provide users of our website with certain services and goods, to help us receive and manage data, to operate our website and other online platforms, to deliver communications to users, and provide other services, we contract with third-party companies and individuals (“third party,” “third parties”).
Commitment to Donors
Donors may contact us to remove their names and contact information from any lists that the Ms. Foundation may exchange as described below (see “Updating Preferences and Opting Out of Receiving Certain Information”). This policy applies to information received both online and offline by the Ms. Foundation concerning donors. To the extent donations are processed through a third-party, we require that donor information be used only for purposes necessary to process the donation.
Sharing Information. Ms. Foundation will not sell or rent your personal information. The ways that the Ms. Foundation may share your personal information include:
- Credit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers, Payments by Check or Money Order, Online Transactions; and Other Services. The Ms. Foundation hires third parties to provide credit card, bank, payment and information processing, order fulfillment, and other services. If you choose to make an application for employment, make a donation online, by phone, through the mail or by other means, make a purchase online, or participate in other activities, we will share your personal information with our service providers as necessary to provide the services. We require third party service-providers to hold personal information in confidence and to use it only for the purpose provided.
- Merger, Acquisition or other Corporate Restructure. We also may transfer your personal information to a third party successor in interest if we are involved in an acquisition, merger or other transfer of control or sale of assets.
COLLECTING INFORMATION FROM PERSONS UNDER AGE 18
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from persons under age 18. If you are younger than 18 years, please do not send any information about yourself to the Ms. Foundation, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
If you believe that your child younger than age 18 has provided us with personal information, please contact us as indicated below and we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as soon as practicable:
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: 212.742.2300
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm Eastern time
Ms. Foundation strives to use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard the personal information we collect from our users. We use layered security in our systems and designate employees who should have access to “hard copies.” Online transactions are conducted on an encrypted transcription page using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) before transmission. On encrypted pages, a “closed” lock symbol is displayed in the bottom part of your browser screen and the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an “https” instead of an “http.” If you do not see a transaction page with the SSL encryption in place, or if you have concerns about the security of sensitive information, do not send your information to us electronically. No information system or transmission over the internet can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
From time to time, the Ms. Foundation may revise our Privacy Statement to address changing technology, security measures and website functionality. We strive to provide you with timely notice of these changes by posting changes to our Privacy Statement on our website or sending other notice that we think is appropriate to the change. Your use of our website or other online services after we have posted changes indicates your agreement to the revised Privacy Statement. Please contact us if you have any questions about changes to our practices.
COOKIES; GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Cookies. A cookie is a text file that is sent to your browser from the Ms. Foundation’s server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are used to collect information about a user’s activities on our website and a user’s preferences. The Ms. Foundation uses two different types of cookies: session-based and persistent cookies. Session-based cookies expire at the end of a browser session, so once you close your browser the cookie simply terminates. Persistent cookies remain on your computer until you remove them. Persistent cookies are used to provide internal website analytics. If you do not want our online services to collect information through cookies, you can set your web browser preferences to reject or delete cookies from our online services. Depending on the browser you use (such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge, or others), you can set your preferences by checking the “Help” or “Options” menu to make changes. If you disable cookies, certain functionality on the website may not work as intended.
Google Analytics. The Ms. Foundation’s website and online services use Google Analytics to analyze data on our website. You may opt-out of Google Analytics by visiting Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On and downloading the application for your browser.
HOW YOU MAY UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
Updating Preferences and Opting Out of Receiving Certain Information. If you wish to change your privacy preferences or to opt out of receiving certain communications, you may contact us to update your records as follows:
Email communications. When you receive an email regarding upcoming events, donations, or activities from the Ms. Foundation through our online services, you may either use the link provided at the bottom of the email to unsubscribe from future communications, or you may use this link to unsubscribe.
Ms. Foundation for Women
12 MetroTech Center, 26th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Attn: Development Department
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm Eastern time
We would like to hear from you about our Privacy Statement or any comments, questions, or issues related to the Ms. Foundation for Women. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.