Manager of Special Projects
Date: August 2021
Reports to: President and CEO
People Manager: No
Level of Compensation Information: The annual salary range for this position is $80,000 to $89,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience. We also offer a generous and comprehensive range of benefits.
The Special Projects Manager of the Office of the President will handle a broad and diverse range of responsibilities and assignments to support the President’s leadership, both internally and externally, and to advance various dimensions of the Foundation’s work. As a newly-created position to provide support to the President, the Special Projects Manager will embrace attributes of adaptability and flexibility as the specific duties and responsibilities will evolve based on both the skills of the incumbent and the changing circumstances at the foundation.
Key working relationships for the Manager of Special Projects include close work with the Executive Assistant to the President, and leadership team to ensure the smooth functioning of the Office of the President, and collegial working relationships with staff across the Ms. Foundation for Women.
- Lead the President’s Building Connections Initiative and grantmaking and build out inter-departmental and institutional Philanthropic Advocacy strategies. These are central projects of the President’s Office and implementation of these project areas may include coordinating convenings, documentation and tracking impact.
- Support the President’s engagement with the board by assisting with meeting material preparation, as appropriate; by working collaboratively with those who assist and support the board; and by attending selected meetings involving board members for notetaking and follow-up purposes.
- Conduct background research and analysis and prepare briefing and advance materials to support the President’s broad range of activities and engagements, both internally and externally. Projects and assignments will vary, and the capacity to be proactive, diligent and thorough will be essential.
- Efficiently manage new or unplanned projects with agility and flexibility as they arise.
- Help to manage the President’s stakeholder engagement plan. This will include helping to create and maintain a list of leaders to engage periodically, research on organizations and leaders, and support in meeting messaging and follow up.
- Assist with the drafting of key communication products, especially those authored by the President. Work closely with the communications department on preparation for speeches, presentations and other public materials. Support the President’s engagement with communications planning and strategy development and draft selected materials.
- Remain abreast of key trends and developments relevant to the foundation, nonprofit sector and in the philanthropic sector to share key reports, articles and sources with the President or other relevant foundation staff. At times, prepare summaries of key reports.
- Serve as a liaison between the President and key staff to ensure clear lines of communication, sharing of resources and information, and assisting with joint projects and initiatives as needed.
- Support the President in the oversight and management of all aspects of foundation wide planning.
- Assist with other duties and projects as assigned by the President.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least five years of high level/executive administrative support or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrated communication skills including excellent oral and written English language skills and ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a sense of humor.
- Developed problem-solving skills. Must be diplomatic and flexible.
- Must possess a commitment to the mission and values of the Ms. Foundation for Women and an interest in social justice and women’s issues.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Ability to absorb high volume of information from a variety of sources and to synthesize the key elements
- High energy and a passionate commitment to the Foundation’s mission, its program areas, and the ability/willingness to adapt as goals shift and evolve;
- Collegial, team-oriented, willing to pitch in as needed and support challenges at all times with a high level of flexibility
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage a broad range of relationships with care, to read situations well, and to treat others with respect and humility.
The Ms. Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, or sexual orientation.