Interim Executive Assistant to the SVP, Finance & Operations
Date: November 2019
Department: Finance & Operations
Reports to: Manager, Donor Data and Stewardship
Location: 12 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY
The Ms. Foundation for Women’s mission is to build women’s collective power in the U.S. to advance equity and justice for all. We seek to achieve our mission by investing in and strengthening the capacity of women-led movements, particularly by women and girls of color, to advance meaningful social, cultural and economic change in the lives of all women and girls. We do this by focusing our grantmaking on women’s safety, health and economic justice (SHE). We provide flexible, general operating support to grantee partners to ignite change, amplify the least heard voices, and create collaborations across issues that address the interconnected nature of women’s and girls’ lives.
Since 1973, the Ms. Foundation has invested more than $70 million into building the power of women in social justice fields, serving as a conduit to the philanthropic sector as an intermediary funder investing in women and girls. Our vision is to create a just and safe world where power and possibility are not limited by gender, race, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or age. Please see this link to the strategic plan: https://forwomen.org/resources/strategic-plan-2018.
The Foundation is seeking an interim executive assistant to provide executive level support to the Senior Vice President of Finance & Operations (“SVP”), for approximately 3-6 months. The assistant will be primarily responsible for maintaining the SVP’s schedule, coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, provide logistical and administrative support; in particular for human resources, strategic planning, and institutional wide initiatives. The individual will report directly to the SVP and will be based in Brooklyn, New York.
- Manage the SVP’s calendar, attend to all schedule requests, reschedule and prioritize meetings, proactively communicate changes, and address scheduling conflicts as necessary
- Track the SVP’s tasks and projects to ensure appropriate prioritization of projects in accordance with institutional deadlines and developments
- Organize and coordinate internal and external meetings for the SVP, including handling all logistics and preparing materials, and coordinating with other team members as needed
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the SVP and F&O department as well as the Leadership Team,
- Provide special project leadership and support on key institutional initiatives
- Assist with research on a variety of topics
- Draft institution-wide communications keeping team members abreast of various matters
- Coordinate meeting materials and prepare agendas for board and committee meetings
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of two years of professional work history, alternatively 5 years or more of post-secondary work history in lieu of Bachelor’s degree will be considered
- A minimum of 1-year experience providing executive-level support
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Emotionally mature
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration skills, working effectively with diverse team members across the organization,
- Demonstrates poise and tact under pressure and handles matters with sound judgment
- Excellent communication skills, ability to listen and negotiate win/win situations
- Ability to maintain a positive demeanor throughout even the most difficult situations
- Ability to maintain discretion and respect confidentiality of the Foundation and its employees
- Proficiency with Microsoft office and strong working knowledge of technology
Institutional Values Alignment:
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and vision and to working with diverse communities toward women’s safety, health and economic justice
- Demonstrated commitment to, and accountability around actively living the Foundation’s values of integrity, trust and respect, interconnectedness, and social justice – throughout internal and external communications and relationships, work, and decision-making
- Ability to build collegial, productive relationships with team members, grantees, donors, peer funders, volunteers, and institutional partners, through the lens of our organizational values
The Ms. Foundation for Women offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. The Foundation provides a generous package of benefits.
Applications should include your résumé (in Word format) and a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and where you learned of the position. Please submit these materials to: email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To learn more about the Ms. Foundation for Women, please visit: www.forwomen.org
The Ms. Foundation for Women is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and promotions. We shall continue to adhere to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, position status and other employment actions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, socio-economic status, marital status, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.