Intern – Development (Fundraising)
Date: August, 2017
Reports to: VP, Development
Location: 12 MetroTech, Brooklyn, NY
Salary Range: Stipend
The Ms. Foundation for Women seeks an intern with a passion for social justice and gender equality, who wants to learn the basics of fundraising and how to build sustaining support for a nonprofit organization. The intern will be exposed to the importance of building organizational partnerships, communicating mission and values to supporters, and best practices in fundraising.
How will the Development intern support the Ms. Foundation for Women?
The intern supports the fundraising team in expanding multiple channels of financial support for the Ms. Foundation, through:
- Research current/potential donors, foundations, and corporations
- Help analyze direct marketing results and producing reports
- Provide donor database management support
- Assist with fundraising events
- Support fundraising administrative tasks
- Assist with outreach to donors
- All assignments will be based on the capabilities of the intern.
What are the requirements for becoming the Development intern?
- Belief in gender equity and social justice, especially related to economics, reproductive health, and women’s safety
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with grace, humor, and flexibility
- Ability to handle confidential, sensitive information
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work with different types of people
- Eye for detail
- Desire to learn about nonprofit organizational management
- Graduate student or development experience preferred
What are the hours, location, and compensation for the Development intern or volunteer?
- The position is located at the Ms. Foundation’s offices in downtown Brooklyn, NY.
- The Ms. Foundation internship is unpaid but provides a modest one-time stipend to help defray transportation expenses.
- The intern should be able to make a minimum commitment of 20-25 hours a week.
How do l apply to work with the Development Department?
- Contact Andrea Bradford, Director, Human Resources, at the Ms. Foundation for Women
- Please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position to email@example.com.
About the Ms. Foundation for Women
Founded in 1973, the Ms. Foundation for Women is the first women’s foundation in the United States. Our focus is funding and training grassroots organizations created and led by women that advocate for reproductive justice, economic justice, and the safety of women and girls, especially marginalized women of color and low-income women. The Ms. Foundation funds over 70 organizations a year and has distributed more than $65 million to advance progressive policies and actions that further equality and justice for all genders.