Date: August 2019
Department: Development Team
Reports to: Manager, Donor Data and Stewardship
Location: 12 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY
The Ms. Foundation for Women’s mission is to build women’s collective power in the U.S. to advance equity and justice for all. We seek to achieve our mission by investing in and strengthening the capacity of women-led movements, particularly by women and girls of color, to advance meaningful social, cultural and economic change in the lives of all women and girls. We do this by focusing our grantmaking on women’s safety, health and economic justice (SHE). We provide flexible, general operating support to grantee partners to ignite change, amplify the least heard voices, and create collaborations across issues that address the interconnected nature of women’s and girls’ lives.
Since 1973, the Ms. Foundation has invested more than $70 million into building the power of women in social justice fields, serving as a conduit to the philanthropic sector as an intermediary funder investing in women and girls. Our vision is to create a just and safe world where power and possibility are not limited by gender, race, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or age. Please see this link to the strategic plan: https://forwomen.org/resources/strategic-plan-2018.
The Development Assistant plays an important role in fulfilling the Ms. Foundation mission by providing key administrative, research and fundraising support to the Development Department with primary responsibility for data entry, special event support, donor research, and other development and administrative duties. This position reports to the Manager, Donor Data and Stewardship, but supports all members of the development team.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgment letters and other correspondence.
- Perform accurate and standardized data entry to track constituent actions and update constituent records.
- Liaise with Finance Team to ensure proper gift coding.
- Coordinate department mailings.
- Assist with special events: including, but not limited to, tracking RSVPs, coordinating seating, liaising with vendors, preparing event marketing materials, tracking sponsor benefits, etc.
- Conduct donor and prospect research.
- Provide administrative support to the Board Development Committee, including scheduling meetings and taking notes.
- Provide administrative support for the full Advancement Team and the VP of Advancement.
- Prepare necessary materials for internal and external meetings.
- Process invoices and expenses, maintain calendar and filing systems, and perform general administrative duties.
- Monitor public email accounts.
- Create donor and gift revenue reports and lists.
- Assist the development team members as needed and perform other duties as required.
- Must embrace the mission, vision and values of the organization, which include integrity, trust and respect, interconnectedness and social justice
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2-3 years administrative support experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal skills
- Data entry experience, specifically using Raiser’s Edge
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office and comfortable learning new software programs to support the development department
- Must be a proactive, self-starter who is able to work independently
- Strong organization skills and an acute attention to detail
The Ms. Foundation for Women offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. The Foundation provides a generous package of benefits.
Applications should include your résumé (in Word format) and a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and where you learned of the position. Please submit these materials to: email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To learn more about the Ms. Foundation for Women, please visit: www.forwomen.org
The Ms. Foundation for Women is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and promotions. We shall continue to adhere to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, position status and other employment actions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, socio-economic status, marital status, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.