Date: August 2021
Reports to: Senior Director of Advancement
People Manager: No
Level of Compensation Information: The annual salary range for this position is $60,000 to $68,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience. We also offer a generous and comprehensive range of benefits.
The Ms. Foundation for Women is seeking a dynamic Campaign Coordinator, a collaborative administrative and operations professional to support the Ms. Foundation for Women’s multi-year transformational fundraising campaign and activities for the members of the Campaign Team led by the Senior Director of Advancement Strategy. Under direct supervision, provide administrative and routine support to fundraising programs and activities. Work with front-line fundraising staff, donors, volunteers, and other staff to assist in establishing systems and and maintaining relationships with all constituencies. This role is a multi-year, fulltime, temporary position that will terminate at the conclusion of the Transformational Campaign. The Transformational Campaign is planned to conclude at the end of 2024. The Campaign Coordinator will work closely with permanent development staff to transition donors into permanent stewardship plans and portfolios at the conclusion of the campaign.
- Provide project, administrative, and operational support to Campaign team.
- Assist in the design, publication and production of fundraising materials in support of engagement and stewardship events.
- Coordinate Regional fundraising events to maximize travel schedules.
- Assist with the tracking of funds, as assigned.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of events and donor cultivation, as needed.
- Retrieve information about prospects and donors, update records, and generate simple reports using the university external relations database.
- Track budget(s), and process reimbursements for department, as needed.
- Planning travel and schedules for the fundraising team;
- Supporting events from inception to production and close-out;
- Donor research and tracking moves in Raisers Edge: reporting and inputs;
- Supporting gift acknowledgment
- Answering general inquiries from prospects to the campaign;
- Preparing slides for internal presentations
- Familiarity with the principles of fundraising and experience in all aspects of the gift cycle;
- Skilled in relationship building. Has the ability to develop and maintain relationships quickly; comfortable interfacing with internal and external stakeholders;
- Confidence and poise to work effectively with high net worth individuals;
- Superior communication skills, able to thoughtfully and enthusiastically articulate a compelling case for support;
- Ability to ask questions and demonstrate curiosity about everything.
- Detail orientation around data and tracking systems;
- Highly organized and efficient. Strong project management skills, with the ability to get things done on schedule;
- Strong proactive sense of initiative and follow-through. Strong sense of accountability. Must be self-motivated, energetic, and have the ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Has the ability to work effectively across cultures. Demonstrates a commitment to learning, communicating and working respectfully with people different from themselves;
- Commitment to the mission, values and philosophy of Ms. Foundation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience with progressive responsibility in donor/client cultivation and fundraising/sales;
- Ability to independently organize and manage a high volume of donor contacts and projects, seeking input from others as needed;
- Knowledge of either Bay Area or Greater New York philanthropic landscape and/or funders that emphasize giving preferences aligned with Ms. Foundation’s mission preferred. A track record of working effectively with racially and ethnically diverse communities, partners, and allies.
- Exceptional communication skills. Excellent listening skills. Excels at articulating the Ms. Foundation’s mission, values, goals, and evaluation strategies to funders;
- Proven writing and editing skills marked by clear and compelling communication of key points;
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills;
- Ability to interpret and analyze data around giving activities and trends.
- Advanced skills in MS Office suite, especially Excel and Power Point;
- Proficiency with donor management software and generating reports. Experience with the Razor’s Edge suite of services preferred.
The Ms. Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, or sexual orientation.