Together We Can End Child Sexual Abuse
Prevention is in Our Power
The Ms. Foundation is taking a lead role in ending child sexual abuse. Through our support of grantees at the local, state and national level, and by advocating for change ourselves, we're helping advance prevention policies that hold leaders accountable and ensure that children are safe in the places they live, learn and play.
Ending Child Sexual Abuse Web Conference Series Co-Sponsored with PreventConnect
The Ms. Foundation for Women is partnering with PreventConnect to continue its online community to support this movement to end child sexual abuse. Last year, thousands of people joined online activities to end child sexual abuse. Through the upcoming web conference series, participants will strengthen their network of activists committed to ending child sexual abuse and share experiences on how to take individual and collective action.
The 2013-2014 web conference series will be hosted by PreventConnect's Leona Smith-DiFaustino and leading child sexual abuse prevention experts Cordelia Anderson and Joan Tababchnick. The topics for upcoming web conferences include:
- Thursday, July 18, 2013: Faith-Based Organizations in Effort to End Child Sexual Abuse.
Guests for this session include Victor Vieth, National Child Protection Training Center, and Linda Crockett, Samaritan Counseling Center's Safe Church Project. Click here to register now!
- Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013: Secret Survivor's Tools for Stregthening your Preventative Efforts with Sara Zatz of Ping Chong + Company and Billye Mulraine of Kingsbridge Heights Community Center. Click here to register now.
- Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2013: Power of Organizational Practices: Innovations to Keep Kids Safer
Click here to register now.
- Thursday, Nov. 14, 2013: Statute of Limitations and its Connection to Prevention
- Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014: Child Sexual Abuse and Disabilities
- Thursday, March 13, 2014: Telling our Stories: Learning as we Build a Movement