What We Do: Grantmaking
Funding Change for the Future
We believe that women are the engine for change in their communities. By funding game changing organizations that are successfully addressing pivotal issues of reproductive health; affordable child care with living wage jobs; and ending child sexual abuse – we are having real impact on the lives of women, children, families and paving the road toward a nation of justice for all.
Who We Support
As a national grantmaker, we support organizations at all levels, from grassroots to state and national organizations. We believe that women most directly impacted by an issue are the real experts and we select groups that are of the community they work in.
We choose our grantees carefully, informed by decades of work in the field. Our goals is to connect with emerging and established groups poised to act when and where change is needed.
More Than Dollars
What sets the Ms. Foundation apart is our commitment to supporting grantee organizations not only with funding, but also with a variety of opportunities to help them become as effective as possible in achieving their missions and advancing our collective goals. This means we roll up our sleeves to:
- Strengthen organizations: We are invested in their financial health and offer assistance to strengthen their organizational core.
- Cultivate leaders: We support individual leaders who are rising stars in their fields with leadership training opportunities.
- Build momentum: We bring grantees together to network with one another and spark collective synergy toward systemic change.
Over the years, we have invested in organizations working on a wide range of women's issues, but our current focus is on three key areas:
- Reproductive Justice: With women's basic reproductive rights under attack, it is imperative for us to fund organizations that are working to ensure women's access to health services--including birth control and abortion. It's also just as fundamental for us to support organizations working to protect the right for women of all ages and backgrounds to bear children if they so choose. This is critical to continually build expand an inclusive reproductive justice movement that will address all women's needs and secure greater wins for generations to come.
- Ending Child Sexual Abuse: In recent years, child sexual abuse has come in to fuller view and as a society, we are slowly coming to terms that we can and must take action to change the future of our children. As the first national funder to boldly place a stake in the ground to end child sexual abuse, the Ms. Foundation supports organizations at the local, state and national levels to ensure that children can live in thriving communities free from harm.
- Affordable Child Care and Quality Jobs: Child care costs are skyrocketing beyond the means of most working families. Children are being left behind and the very people we entrust without children every day (the overwhelming majority of whom are women) are struggling to survive themselves. With much at stake, the Ms. Foundation supports a recipe for a successful and thriving economy. We fund organizations working with child care workers and parents toward affordable, quality childcare and help move policy to ensure economic security for women, workers and families.
Apply for a Grant
If your organization is interested in a grant from the Ms. Foundation, review our open calls for proposals, get answers to frequently asked questions, and apply online.
$75,000 Mississippi Low Income Childcare Initiative Biloxi, MS
Support Our Grantees
When you donate to the Ms. Foundation, you provide vital support to more than 100 organizations that are making a difference for women every single day. Donate